Why selling your home in winter can be a real winner!
Just like a bear the real estate market is usually expected to head into hibernation over the winter, but not this year! Unlike the weather The property market BOOM is showing no signs of cooling down.
The objections of “It’s too cold and it’s too wet” are heard far too often, but this year we are going to challenge your thinking to this myth. Here at Ray White we want to flip the switch and shed a ray of sunlight on these gloomy months. Here are some of our facts for why selling in the cold can be HOT.
– The cold and wet weather tends to deter people from ‘just looking’ at properties for something to do, meaning that the people out looking are generally more serious about buying property.
– As the property market quietens down during this period there are less homes for sale on the market, which means less competition for your home.
– Although the trees have lost all of their leaves, your lawns and gardens will be looking green and lush (although require a little more maintenance to keep everything neat and tidy).
– Making a great first impression when someone looks through your home can be as simple as turning on the heater, even better if you have an open fire place! You can also easily add to that warm homely feeling by introducing quilted or knitted throws and floor rugs, these will also add some colour to your homes décor.
– If you have a rural property the cool winter air can really add something peaceful and a bit magical for potential buyers.
– Once you have sold your property you will be ready to look for a new home in the spring rush, that you yourselves have already beaten with the sale of your property.
Still not convinced? Contact our team today for a free no obligation appraisal and let us prove to you why we are the number 1 real estate agency in the Riverland